Friday, June 19, 2009

-6

I've added my first set of photos. You can see them in the gallery revolving on the left. You can also click on the photos and see the album on Picassa. Some of the photos are night shots, and the slideshow doesn't do them justice...

This week finds me way off the grid. I'm in Many Glaciers Montana and I've never stayed in a hotel quite like this one.

No internet, no cell phone signals. There are land lines, but I long ago forgot how to "dial up" and get any internet access, so that's out.

I'm able to update today as I've trekked out and bogarted a signal called "your mama was a snowblower." I'm used to the more traditional "linksys" but this one seems to work very well.

I don't have much, but am having a blast. I would advise anybody who ever thinks they'll be travelling to purchase a Cubs hat, t-shirt, or other identifiable piece of gear. You would be amazed at how often this prompts total strangers to start conversations. (Like when I was lost on the mountain - I left scrambling to catch my family on the trail and they had the map. Two hours later, after I finally ascertained I was not only on the wrong trail, but in the wrong valley, I was greeted by a nice couple. The dude said "You a Cubs fan?" and I said, "do you have a map?" We talked Cubs. His wife, being the more intelligent one in the group, was quick to point out the irony about how the Cubs always find a way to lose, and here I was lost, but I digress...)

More photos to come.




No comments:

Post a Comment