Friday, August 21, 2009

3.1

I "woke up" about 1 minute into the shortest shower when I saw this guy staring me in the face. (See rotating photo gallery)

The shortest shower of my life being over, I quickly invented the "Kairo Kockroach Killer" (other photo in the gallery) and went to work. I took a final picture, but decided not to share the aftermath images of the battle. It lasted about a minute, as the Kairo Kockroach took 5 hits and the carnage covered the greater part of my bathroom. It just would not die.

You have to know, I've been there 3 weeks, have been meticulous about cleaning and sparaying, and until today have only seen 3 very small ants. Needless to say, while I've been expecting the occasional roach, this one - and especially it's size of about 5 inches long - took me by surprise.

So, I've bug bombed and cockroach sprayed my apartment and don't plan on going back for a while. I think I'll give it another shot tomorrow morning as well.

ma a salaama

4 comments:

  1. Come on Foster - Cockroaches are all part of the web of life!! That said don't ever let them see fear or it will all be over.

    Kathy J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deep fry the cockroaches and season with fresh cumin powder.

    Gries

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scott, this is nothing your father and I don't see every Monday at Village Inn. - Dave

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like a smaller cousin to the Mexican roach I had ambush me in a Matamoros Brothel... I meant to say Motel, before I was kicked out of the country, so be careful about what you say about a country's roaches.

    kiko

    ReplyDelete