Saturday, December 19, 2009

20.5

So, the biggest thing that bothers me is pollution.

I woke up today, and the sky at first looked very clear and blue. (I was looking up.)

I went to meet some friends for breakfast before their trip to Aswan and Luxor. Breakfast was about a mile away, but I decided to walk instead of paying the 60 cents - one dollar for the ride. I knew I could use the exercise.

So it was early, and it was a really great start to the day. I love meeting and eating pre-8 a.m.

During breakfast we happened to discuss pollution, and the notion that you didn't have to be a smoker to earn smoker's lungs here came up.

On my way back from breakfast, I decided to walk again. It was then, about 9 a.m., that I noticed when I looked up the sky was pure clear and blue. But if I looked across in a distance, visibility was at best 1 kilometer. I mean I could barely see the apartment buildings that I know are much nearer than a mile away. Anything that far was obscured to me.

The wind was blowing well, and the sun was shining clear. We don't have mist here (no precipitation) and I have no other choice than to know it is pollution.

Going to play some poker with friends,

Have a Merry Christmas all,

Foster

No comments:

Post a Comment