Wednesday, December 30, 2009

22

This one is kind of a cheater, as I'm actually in Nebraska - NOT in Egypt - and am going against the main idea of the blog.

But, since it's tangentially related, I decided to enter a quick post.

I don't know if I'm trying to document some cultural comparison or just head off further queries about my weight (the most common comment I receive here) or something else, but I figured I'd give this update.

In 5 months in Cairo, I lost 5 pounds. I walk more, exercise when I can, eat 3-4 meals a day, and feel pretty healthy. I don't eat as much meat (trust me, it's only b/c of availability and quality...not choice) and eat more fruits and vegetables with my rice instead of potato sides.

In 7 days in Nebraska, I've gained 8.

So, people say I look skinny. I guess my face isn't filling in as fast as my waist.

Happy New Year to all,

Foster

3 comments:

  1. I am sure the snow will make you appreciate the sand!
    Happy New Year

    Kathy J

    ReplyDelete
  2. We live an all too sedentary lifestyle in the US...Unless you live in NYC, Chicago, San Fran, etc...you rely on your car. On top of that our diet continues to erode as people look for cheap, quick and fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last I checked, BFE(gypt) is located smack dab in the center of Nebraska...

    ReplyDelete